Making Money with YouTube 17 Ideas
How to make money with YouTube? This is the question that I will answer in this article, by presenting you the 17 solutions that make money with YouTube.
Know Before You Want to Make Money with YouTube:
Before we see the different solutions available to us to make money on YouTube, I would like to point out that if you have just published your first video, you will, unfortunately, have to be patient and provide more work for your YouTube channel brings you back.
Developing a YouTube channel is a bit like developing a blog; in general, it is not enough to post a few posts and then cross your arms while waiting for the money to fall from the sky.
From YouTube To make money, you have to try to publish videos regularly, the more videos you have on your channel, the more you can increase your chances of making money. But be careful not to rush the realization of the videos just to publish a maximum, quality also plays an important role.
To that, we could also add that to make money with youtube; it is better to:
- Use important keywords in the title and description of the videos.
- Use titles and thumbnails that make people want to click on your YouTube videos.
- Give relevant information to his audience and entertain them. If your videos are both boring and hollow, it will not help you …
- Encourage viewers to share your videos on social media, to comment and, most importantly, to subscribe to your YouTube channel.
- Once you have multiple videos on your YouTube channel, consider sharing it with your audience. For example, by inserting links for video purposes, as well as in the description and recalling it orally.
- Once you make money with your YouTube channel, consider investing some of your winnings in good gear for even more pro videos.
Now we can start …
1- Make money by sharing advertising revenue from YouTube
The classic method, the best known, the most used, to make money with YouTube: display advertisements on his videos.
YouTube offers YouTube users the ability to display ads on their videos in exchange for advertising revenue sharing. Some estimate earnings at just under a dollar per 1,000 views.
Most importantly, YouTube may refuse to display advertising on certain channels. Your videos, your YouTube channel, must respect the rules (such as copyright and the subject of videos) of the platform so that it accepts to monetize your content.
To enable monetization of your videos on YouTube, Google Adsense that you will associate with your YouTube channel. And You must be over 18 to create it, and then you can go to this page: https://www.youtube.com/features. And simply enable monetization if your channel is “eligible“:
Then YouTube will review your request to see if your videos are monetizable.
- Simple to set up, no knowledge necessary.
- Suitable for all YouTube channels, whatever the subject.
- Following the abuse of advertising by some YouTubers and some websites, users in turn abuse the AdBlock service.
Low pay. For advertising to earn a lot of money, you have to have a relatively large audience.
2- Make some content pay
I do not know at all how it works, but it seems that YouTube offers to make money by paying for access to certain videos (still on the page: https://www.youtube.com/features ):
On the other hand, to be able to take advantage of this service, it seems that you need to have a YouTube channel with at least 1,000 active subscribers.
3- Make money from product/brand placements
Once we have a well-launched YouTube channel, which contains several videos, which starts to interest more and more Internet users, who always has more subscribers and views … well, we can start to win some money through product placements (sponsored videos), or mentioning brands, and companies pay us back.
In general, YouTubers obtain this type of partnership by being directly contacted by the companies that have located them.
- The compensation can quickly become very interesting.
- Some products can give a good subject, or good additional information, for some videos.
- YouTube users are increasingly likely to strongly criticize the product placement YouTubers. So, it’s best if this product placement brings useful information to your audience and let your viewers know that your video is sponsored. Some YouTubers have made product placement a bit anyhow, and that sometimes generates a lot of “dislikes” on their video (yes, we live in a world where wanting to make money with his passion can be very bad, but here too there are abuses on both sides).
- You have to know how to negotiate prices with companies that offer this kind of partnership; they will always want prices at a discount so do not hesitate to ask more when it is necessary, but not too much either.
4- Earn more money on YouTube by becoming a partner of a “Network.”
To potentially earn more money with your YouTube channel you can apply for a partnership with what is called a ” Network,” an ” MCN ” (for Multi-Channel Network ).
A Network is a business that mediates between YouTubers and businesses. This allows, for example, to better monetize its videos with advertising, and to be offered more partnerships for the realization of sponsored videos. In addition to that, a Network will allow you to make videos on products, topics … for which you did not have the rights of authors at the base.
A good Network will also help the partner YouTuber to better develop the visibility of its YouTube channel by providing support and advice.
However, entering into a partnership with a CMN is not free. Indeed the Network will charge a commission (10 to 40%) on the earnings of its partners YouTubers.
Attention, however, in general, the Networks impose certain conditions to respect to be able to become partners, examples: number of subscribers minimum, quality of the videos, subject of the videos, number of views, not to be registered with a competing network, etc. etc.
So take the time to read the conditions to become a partner.
5- Use YouTube to earn money in affiliation:
YouTube is a powerful conversion tool. It is all video content, in general, that has a conversion rate often much higher than textual content (up to + 300%), provided that it is done well obviously.
So you can use YouTube to promote affiliated websites, then earn fixed commissions for each registration (otherwise called “CPL,” for Cost Per Lead) or earn percentage commissions on every product purchase (otherwise called “CPA,” for Cost Per Action).
Before that, you have to register on affiliate platforms, which connect publishers and advertisers or go through direct affiliate programs, or one can simply take advantage of the sponsorship programs that are found on almost every site that has something to sell.
In general, the affiliate platforms are mainly intended to monetize the audience of the websites. So before registering on an affiliate platform, think about getting in touch with the team behind to find out if they accept YouTube channels, but normally there are no worries.
Finally, to promote your affiliate links just talk about it in your videos, insert your affiliate link and add this link in the descriptions.
And if you want to make a lot of money with YouTube and the turn advertising into information.
- Suitable for almost any subject that can be addressed on a YouTube channel: we can promote video games, beauty products, high-tech, services of all kinds … all that is sells.
- Video is the best promotional tool.
6- Make money with YouTube by receiving donations
There are several ways to fund your YouTube channel with spectator money donations:
- You can put a Paypal link or similar in the description of your videos on YouTube, then ask his audience to give money to fund the channel.
- If you live in Australia, Japan, the United States, or Mexico, you can activate YouTube’s “Fan Funding” feature.
And the third solution, certainly the most effective, in my opinion, is to create a page on the Tippee site as a content creator.
Let’s look at this last solution to make money: Tippee what is it exactly?
Well, it’s a kind of crowdfunding platform for content creators. Whether you are YouTuber, Draftsman, or Blogger, you can create a page, a profile, on Tippee.
Then you must inform the community of your YouTube channel that you are present on Tipeee and that if they wish to provide you, they can “TIP” you. A “Tip” is a gift of money, from 1 to several euros, which allows a surfer to support his creator of favorite content by “tip” once, once a month or every time he puts new content online.
As you can see in the screenshot above, you can make a lot of money this way. There I have selected only one random YouTuber among others, but if you visit Tipeee.com, you will see that many of them earn relatively good money.
The content creator, the YouTuber, can offer something to its Tipeurs as a thank you, such as news or exclusive content with its YouTube channel, or small services or other …
- Tippee can provide recurring revenue.
- Some YouTubers manage to earn a lot of money with Tippee.
- You have to have an active community.
- If we ask people to give us money each time we publish a video on YouTube, or every month, we commit ourselves not to disappoint them, thus producing good quality, who can put some pressure anyway I think (which is not necessarily a disadvantage elsewhere).
7- Develop your YouTube channel to promote your business/company
Here’s another way to make money with YouTube is to use it as a marketing tool to promote your business, your business …
Here are some examples:
- You can promote your blog if you have one, more videos can give birth to articles (always add text content, for SEO).
- We can promote a simple page capture emails, it is increasingly common, and obviously, it is effective. It allows us to build a mailing list and then embarks on the e-mail marketing.
- If you have services for sale on your site, or jobbing sites, or others … and YouTube is a good way to show what we can do and find customers.
- We can also promote its products, if, for example, we hold an online store on its site, on Amazon, on sites specializing in the hand-made, or other …
Me if I launch myself on YouTube this will certainly be the solution that I will use to earn money with this communication tool (coupled with the affiliation and maybe a little classic ad).
8- Make money by making yourself known via YouTube
Many YouTubers have made themselves known through their YouTube channel, which has allowed them to unlock a few doors to earn even more money. For example, some YouTubers are now also hosting on TV shows. YouTube can help to make a name, to be noticed, to show the world what we know how to do because it is a formidable communication tool. Of course, the work to be done to get there is huge.
9- Monetize the description of his videos with a cash-link
To earn money with YouTube, you can also pay for links in the descriptions of your videos using a cash-link.
The case links are sites that can reduce links and install advertising. Each click received on one of these links directs the user on an advertising page which is displayed for ten seconds, once the ten seconds elapsed the visitor sees appearing a button or a link that will take him to the desired site.
For each visitor, for each click on a link converted using a cash link, we earn a little money. In general, the 1,000 clicks yield between 0.5 and 2.5 € depending on the type of advertising depending on the advertising format used, the cash line used, and the provenance of the visitors.
So you have to attract a lot of visitors to win interesting amounts of money … and that’s quite possible:
- Let’s make money with any link.
- Night to the user experience.
- Advertisements displayed are not always very recommendable.
Thanks to Maxime from the ClickExchange website for completing this article by proposing to add this idea.
Seven service ideas for sale to YouTubers to earn money
To finish this article, I will present some ideas of services that can be sold to YouTubers. So suddenly, these ideas do not make money with YouTube in a direct way but rather indirectly, by selling services to YouTubers.
Here are the service ideas I thought of:
- Make money by making presentation videos for companies or introductions for YouTubers.
- Make money by selling a cover image creation service for YouTube channels, profile image, and thumbnail for videos.
- Being paid to lend one’s voice it provides what is called a “voiceover” service.
- Sell music to YouTubers. If you have a talent as a musician know that many YouTubers look for background music for editing their videos.
- Make money selling “green/red thumbs,” subscribers, views, etc. … But I do not know if YouTube appreciates that.
- Make money by offering YouTubers to promote their channel, for example, if you have a website, or a YouTube channel, or great visibility on social networks.
- If you’re a YouTube expert, you know this platform and its potential at your fingertips, why not sell a coaching service to make money.
To sell this kind of services, you can consider several possibilities, such as creating a niche site about YouTube or directly consulting the YouTubers who might need help or offering its services on jobbing and microsites. -services such as 5euros.com as many people already do:
Source of this screenshot (which may also be your inspiration): https://5euros.com/?q=youtube.
The latest idea: Write a book about YouTube
The last idea to make money with YouTube: if you are a connoisseur of the YouTube platform, you can write a digital book about it.
You may find this idea a bit odd, but in reality, it is quite realistic because there is a lot to say about YouTube …
Moreover, some YouTubers have already understood it for a long time, because they can see that there are still a lot of ebooks about YouTube on Amazon.
I think I have gone around the subject; I do not see other ways to make money with YouTube. But if you have any additional ideas or other suggestions that could complement/improve this article, do not hesitate to let me know in the comments at the bottom of this page.